Paper or Plastic? Take the Canvas Challenge! 100 billion disposable shopping bags are consumed every year in the US. This is 200,000 bags per minute, or about 60 plastic bags in only four trips to the grocery store for the average family. And of all those plastic bags, only 1% is recycled, while the remaining 99% pollute the environment, and harm wildlife when animals mistake them for food.
The 2nd Annual IEEE Green Technologies Conference is being held in Grapevine, Texas on April 15-16, 2010 at the Gaylord Texas Resort and Convention Center. This IEEE conference features a variety of papers, presentations, and technical seminars on current and emerging topics related specifically to the development and use of Green Technologies. Green Technology Conference Focus Current and emerging technologies in large and small-scale renewable energy sources - wind, solar, water, geothermal, tidal, piezoelectric, and others - and their integration Current and emerging technologies in alternative fuel technologies - bio-mass fuel production, landfill gas reclamation, nuclear, fuel cells and batteries, and others Current and emerging technologies in alternate vehicular power sources - fuel cells, hybrid electric, plug-in electric and hybrid, and other transportation alternatives Technologies and their integration used for energy usage reduction and conservation - home automation and energy management, commercial building energy management, reduced energy usage lighting, and use and integration of multiple energy alternatives Current and emerging technologies to facilitate the integration and management of renewable and reduced emission energy sources into the electric power grid The social, economic, and political impacts of renewable energies, reduced emissions, and independent certifications Conference Registration Register on-line for the IEEE 2010 Green Technologies Conference here: https://icm3.ieee.org/eventmanager/onlineregistration.asp?eventcode=9ye If you prefer to register by mail, print the Mail-in Registration Form and mail to: IEEE/MCM: Att: Deidre Zeigler, Registrar 445 Hoes Lane Piscataway, NJ USA 08854-4141 Telephone enquiries: 1 732-465-7810 or toll-free (in USA or Canada) 1-800-810-4333.
Gaylord Texan Hotel & Convention Center Grapevine - Dallas Hotel Brimming with authentic Texas style and hospitality, the awe-inspiring Gaylord Texan Hotel and Convention Center invites you to experience the energy and excitement of the Lone Star State. Overlooking beautiful Lake Grapevine, Gaylord Texan is just six minutes from the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
Green Events Powered by JustLiveGreener.com